Vinegar for Sunburn
Many people believe suntan is good for the body; however overexposure to sun can be detrimental to health. The most common side effect of suntan is sunburn. Sunburn can damage your skin as well as your immune system. People apply several medicated creams and lotions to treat sunburn, these products might not be handy.
How to Use Vinegar for Sunburn
Vinegar is not expensive; it is all natural and easily accessible in your kitchen.
- The first thing you have to do is to find a plastic spray bottle. Wash it properly with warm soap solution. Let the bottle dry. Clean it with a clean cloth.
- Fill half the bottle with vinegar, preferably white vinegar; however any type of vinegar will do it if white variety is not available.
- Dilute vinegar with equal amount of water in the spray bottle.
- Screw the lid of the spray bottle tightly.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly so that vinegar and water mix well.
- Hold the spray bottle at a suitable distance and spray the diluted vinegar over the sunburn.
- You may need a helping hand if the sunburn is on your back of on your arm.
- Do not spray on your face. Instead, spray the solution on the paper towel and dab the paper on the sunburn present on the face. Do not wipe it as it may damage the already delicate skin.
- After some time take a shower to rinse away the odor.
Benefits of Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar or any other vinegar has been in use since centuries to treat several health conditions. It is believed; Hippocrates used it as an antibiotic.
Here are some of the benefits of vinegar, most of them are not scientifically confirmed but are anecdotal:
- People have claimed that vinegar has helped them to lose weight. It is used in salad dressings. Drinking a teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water while eating increases satiety. Thus helping in reducing diet intake for a obese person.
- It is used to treat dandruff. Dilute vinegar with water and apply it on scalp, let it get dry. Vinegar help in destroying the fungus present on the scalp and restores the scalp pH.
- Its use in salads and with the food has been observed to lower the glycemic index of carbohydrate food.
- It has anti microbial activity due to its acetic acid and high phenolic content.
- Warts are quickly eradicated by applying diluted vinegar.