Many healthy diets incorporate Avocado due to its rich nutrient values and delicious taste. It comes In an egg shape or a spherical shape. The fruit has high content of fat, especially monosaturated fat. Many people use it as a substitute for meat in a vegetarian cuisine of salads and sandwiches.
Though rare, few people have avocado allergy. This is because; the protein present in avocado is not tolerated by immune system of some hypersensitive individuals. It reacts to the Avocado releasing chemicals to protect the body, in the event it manifests avocado allergy symptoms.
Here is the list of avocado allergy symptoms: the symptoms begin within few hours of eating avocado fruit.
- Itching in mouth and throat.
- Itching on face and lips.
- Swelling of eye lids and face and lips.
- Red rashes.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Running nose.
- Red eyes.
- Watering of eyes
- Body feels warm due to hives.
- Stomach cramps.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Red face.
- Tingling in mouth.
Food intolerance is a non IgE mediated food hypersensitivity, in a true sense it is not a food allergy, because it does not require the presence of IgE antibodies against the offending food.
Avocado intolerance symptoms can be due to the higher content of fat present in avocado and insufficient enzymes to digest it.
Following are the Symptoms of Avocado Allergy
- Gastric disturbance such as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and stomach pain.
- Cough, nasal congestion is respiratory symptoms of avocado intolerance.
- Itching and skin rash with hive and eczema are skin symptoms in some people having avocado intolerance.
Avocado Allergy Treatment
- To eliminate avocado from your diet is the best avocado allergy treatment.
- Anti histamines are generally used to relieve the symptoms.
- Nasal sprays and decongestants are used to give relief from nasal blockage.
Home Remedies for Avocado Allergy
- Skin symptoms such as hives, skin rash, itching are felt better after drinking green tea or chamomile tea. They both are popular home remedies for treating avocado skin allergies, as they have antihistamine properties.
- Applying gel of aloe vera is another simple home remedy to soothe skin conditions caused due to avocado allergy.
- Gastric discomfort such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting; drink a cup of freshly prepared pomegranate juice, with a cup of sugar cane juice.
- For nasal congestion, watering of eyes, and cough; prepare tomato soup, add one tsp of chopped ginger, one teaspoon of lemon juice and salt to taste. Drink it twice in a day. It is an effective home remedy for mild respiratory allergy complaints caused due to avocado allergy.