Tree nut is one of the 8 common food allergens. Peanut and tree nuts are not grouped together because they have different proteins to cause allergic symptoms. Even within tree nuts one type of nut allergy may not necessarily cause a generalized tree nut allergy. For e.g. a person having allergy to walnut may not be having allergy to almonds and pistachios.
Generally tree nut allergy is a lifelong allergic condition, often serious in nature.
Symptoms Of Tree Nut Allergy
- Tingling and burning around the mouth.
- Flushed face.
- Swollen lips and tongue.
- Dryness in throat.
- Cramps in abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Runny nose.
- Chest tightness
- Watery and itching of eyes.
- Asthma attack.
- Itching all over the skin.
- Skin rash.
- Warm body.
- Anaphylaxis tree nut allergic reaction: low blood pressure, seizures, breathlessness, dizziness, unconsciousness. It is an emergency, quick hospitalization and medical treatment is necessary.
Tree Nut Allergy List
- Brazil nut.
- Beech nut.
- Cashew nut.
- Chest nut.
- Hazel nut.
- Ginko nut.
- Hickory nut.
- Lichee nut.
Natural Remedies For Tree Nut Allergy Symptoms
The best way is to stay away from the allergy causing tree nut when a person has history of tree nut allergy.
You need not eat food containing tree nuts such as baked foods like cakes, muffins, cookies, bars, granola, and rice cakes, salads mixed with tree nuts, candy, chocolate and fudge etc , when you have tree nut allergy as most of them contain tree nuts.
Home remedies for tree nut allergy if the symptoms are mild:
- Drink a glass of carrot juice in the morning and drink a glass of spinach juice in the evening.
- In the afternoon drink a glass of cucumber juice.
- In case there is vomiting, drink a glass of water mixed with 1 tsp of apple cider and 1 tsp of honey.
- The itch caused due to hives can be controlled by applying chamomile tea over the skin area.