Urine Fibroids Treatment
Uterine fibroids are round growths in a woman’s uterus. These are common and can affect up to 50% of women who are in their 30s and 40s. These growths are also known as myomas or leimyomas. Most of the tumors are small, roughly the size of a walnut, but they can also grow much bigger.
It is estimated that nearly a third of the hysterectomies performed are due to the presence of fibroid. Treatment, however, is going to be dependent on a woman’s reproductive preferences.
Since fibroids normally stop growing after menopause, it is not an issue for patients in that reproductive stage. However, if a patient observes continuous growth form a fibroid following menopause, she should consult with her heath care provided as soon as possible.
What are the Symptoms of Fibroid
Most fibroids occur with no symptoms. They may start to get noticeable when they begin to grow or when a degeneration (dying off of a fibroid) occurs. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding. Some women will report soaking a menstrual pad through within a few hours.
- Prolonged Menstrual Flow. This is a heavy flow that lasts for more than 7 days.
- Urination Problems, it can either be problems emptying the bladder or problems with having to urinate too often.
- Pelvic Pain or Pressure. Some women report an uncomfortable pressure on the pelvic floor rather than actual pain.
- Backache. Since back pain is a common occurrence, it may be important to rule out other possible causes before looking into fibroid growth.
- Acute Pain. This is associated with a fibroid degeneration or a fibroid infarct. It is when the tumor outgrows the blood supply.
Fibroid Alternative Cures and Herbal Treatments
Patients who want to avoid undergoing surgery may want to consider some well-known herbal remedies for the condition. Some of the common treatments include:
- Whole Grains and Beans. These have been shown to help in reducing the size of fibroids.
- Dandelion, Yellow Dock Root, and Milk Thistle. These can help improve liver health and can also help to decrease estrogen levels.
- Vitex. This works on the pituitary gland and can help regulate hormones.
The rationale of why these treatments work has to do with estrogen levels. It is believed that any food or herbal item that affects the estrogen levels in the body can affect the growth of fibroids.