There is not a straightforward answer as to why some women experience a stop and re-start of menstruation period because the cycle of a woman can be different. Some women have the period every 25 days, while others have it every 35 days. While menstrual irregularities can be associated with a host of causative factors, it is intermittent periods can be a relatively serious disorder.
Menstrual Irregularities Causes
Some of the leading causes associated with menstrual irregularities with periods starting and stopping include,
- Contraceptive bills may contribute to the incidence of stopping and re-starting of the period. Contraceptive pills often result in hormonal imbalance within the body which in turn contributes to the problem.
- The diet is also a factor especially if the essential nutrients are insufficient. Iron deficiency or inadequate supply of Vitamin B12 are two key causes of intermittent and irregular periods.
- In other cases, the condition can be a symptom of a more serious health issue such as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Some females may experience intermittent bleeding during the first few weeks of a pregnancy. However in most cases the bleeding is limited to spotting, severe bleeding may be a sign of abortion.
- Hormonal imbalance can also cause the menstruation to have disturbances, whether short and brief or longer. Hormonal imbalance during menarche and menopause are commonly associated with this manifestation.
- Stress is another factor that can cause some women to have their period stop and start again. Both physical and mental stress have a negative impact on the body resulting in irregularities in period.
Natural Cures For Period Irregularities
- Taking birth control pills can be useful in family planning. However long term use of the pills can result in increased risk of cancers and can result in irregularities. Hence practicing natural birth control practices are considered to be safer.
- As stress is among the factors that cause this situation, it is recommended that women undergo stress-relieving therapy such as.
- taking enough hours of sleep.
- Body massage or spa.
- Supplements of vitamins and minerals.
- A change in lifestyle is also helpful. This may include:
- Changes in diet. More intake of fruits and vegetables. More consumption of fresh fruit juices and or water.
- Regular physical exercises such as walking, running and jogging can be helpful. Yoga postures can be contribute significantly to improving menstrual cycles.
- If the causes of stopping and starting again of period is more serious, medical attention is necessary to rule out all other conditions.
- Sometimes, this condition can be a sign of more serious health problem like polycystic ovarian syndrome. Dietary regulations including limiting intake of salts, processed foods and transfats is important.
- Simple homeopathic drugs like Pulsatilla and Sepia can be beneficial in the management of menstrual irregularities, especially in women who are approaching their menopause.