Wrinkles or creases on the forehead can be quite distressing. Further these creases are more noticeable, which makes it even more annoying. While aging is considered to be the primary cause of forehead wrinkles, there are several other causes. Natural treatment options along with healthy diet, lifestyle practices and good skin care regimen can help you manage these creases on the forehead and get rid of wrinkles.
Here are some important factors that contribute to forehead wrinkles,
- Aging: The internal aging process begins by the age of twenty five years. This results in less collagen and elastin in the skin, which in turn results in formation of fine lines and thinner skin.
- Heredity: This is an important determining factor. Some individuals who have genetically better skin will not notice the changes of aging up-to the age of 40 years while others may start noticing signs of aging by the early 30s.
- Sun Exposure: Undue exposure to the skin is considered to be an important causative factor for the formation of wrinkles on the forehead. Also referred to as photo-aging, this condition is irreversible. The only way to prevent this is to protect the skin against undue sun exposure.
- Facial expression: there are certain facial expressions like frown, scowl and even smile, which result in formation of groves on the face and result in formation of wrinkles all over the face including the forehead.
- Smoking: Smoking hastens the aging process.
- Sleep posture can also contribute to wrinkles on the forehead. Pressing the forehead into the pillow or a mattress can cause wrinkles over a period of time.
How To Get Rid Of Forehead Wrinkles Naturally?
Here are some tips that can help you get rid of wrinkles on the forehead,
- Consume a well-balanced diet. Include fresh fruits, green vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
- Depend more on organic foods and avoid refined foods or foods containing preservatives. Prefer fresh fruit juice over tinned or canned juice.
- Ensure that you drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Hydration is important for the skin to remain healthy.
- Consume vitamin A and E supplements. Both these vitamins are essential for a healthy skin and help strengthen the formation of collagen.
- Ensure sun protection whenever you play to spend the day outdoors. Use natural sunscreen. Avoid harsh chemicals and soap on the skin.
- Meditation helps reduce stress, which in turn reduces the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Preventing Wrinkles On Forehead
Here are some simple home remedies that can help prevent formation of wrinkles on the forehead,
- Apply a facial pack comprising of egg white, with a few drops of lemon on the face for a few minutes. Lemon is natural bleach while egg white provides essential nutrients to hasten skin repair.
- Applying facial pack comprising of a mixture of pineapple and papaya is also considered beneficial. This facial pack strengthens the collagen tissue and makes the skin look healthier and fresher.
Medical intervention should be used as the last option. Laser skin treatments and skin tightening techniques can help remove wrinkles on the forehead.