Deep lines and wrinkles around the mouth become more apparent with age. The ligaments around the mouth are rather loose, and this causes the fatty tissue in the cheeks and around the jaw to sag. Aging, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking and no exercise contribute to premature wrinkling. Wrinkles indicate that the skin has started to lose its elasticity and suppleness, along with a deterioration of the natural collagen.
Incorporating certain foods in to your daily menu, following a regular lifestyle pattern, quitting smoking and alcohol and integrating stress busting techniques in to your everyday schedule will go a long way in managing and warding off premature wrinkling of the skin.
Loss of collagen and elastin, which are the building blocks for the skin, too much oscillation in the weight, smoking, alcohol consumption, poor skin care and inadequate moisturization and undue sun exposure are known to trigger wrinkles around the mouth.
Home Remedies For Wrinkles Around Mouth
- Protect your skin from the sun. Avoid going out in to the sun between 12:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. Wear sun block if you must go out.
- Make sure you include loads of berries, mangoes, papayas, tomatoes and carrots in your diet. These are packed with anti-oxidants which battle free radicals and fight of premature ageing.
- Significant oscillations in the weight are known to set off lines around your mouth, thus ensure you manage a healthy body weight. In case you are embarking upon a weight loss regimen confer with your nutritionist.
- Mash pumpkin seeds and blend it with olive oil. Massage in to your face and neck, especially around the mouth. Leave on for a couple of hours and then rinse off. This home remedy promises to make your skin elastic and supple.
- Egg white is an excellent mask that tightens the skin around the mouth. Mix 1 egg white with 5 drops coconut oil and massage; let it dry, then rinse off. It will help get rid of wrinkles and deep lines around the mouth and prevent sagging of the skin too. Furthermore, it keeps your skin well hydrated.
- Lime is another effective remedy. Use the juice of 1 lime, blended with a tablespoon of yogurt. Apply to the laugh lines, 2 to 3 times daily. It is one of the best ways to get rid of smile lines around the mouth naturally. The vitamin C of the lime helps to tighten the skin, and appreciably eliminates the wrinkles caused by age. Vitamin C battles and neutralizes free radicals as well.
- Include avocados in to your daily diet as well as skin care regime. Avocado is chock full of vitamin E, which moisturizes the skin from within. It improves the elasticity of the skin and makes it look youthful. Blend together half an avocado and some honey. Apply to your skin for an hour and wash off.
- Moisturization is the key remedy to fight laugh lines successfully. A dry skin deepens lines around the mouth, so make sure you are hydrating and nourishing the skin well. Blend almond oil and walnut oil and massage well in to your skin. Leave overnight. These two plump wrinkles and ward off the free radicals that cause fine lines.