Formation of wrinkles is a natural outcome of the aging process. As one ages, the skin loses its texture and elasticity and starts sagging, which results in formation of wrinkles. The elastin and collagen tissue in the skin gradually reduce over a period of time which creates fine creases on the skin which are referred to as wrinkles.
Usually wrinkles formation appears first on the neck and the face region. However individuals are more prone to take care of their face, which may delay the formation of wrinkles on these parts of the body, Wrinkle formation on the arms usually occurs among individuals in the age group of 50 years and above.
What Causes Wrinkles On Arms?
In general wrinkles are an outcome of the natural process of aging; however there are certain factors that may accelerate the formation of wrinkles in the arms and legs,
- Excessive exposure to the sun is considered to be one of the leading factors. The ultraviolet radiations can damage the collagen fiber in the skin, resulting in formation of fine lines and creases.
- Smoking or excessive consumption of alcohol are also linked with formation of wrinkles on all the parts of the body.
- Stress, especially mental stress is associated with formation of wrinkles.
- Rapid weight loss, especially in older individuals may also contribute to formation of wrinkles.
- Nutritional deficiencies, attributed to the lack of vitamin E can be a strong contributing factor.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Arms
Healthy diet, adequate skin care regimen and change in lifestyle practices can help deal with wrinkles on arms. Dietary modifications can help delay the onset of formation of wrinkles, while a skin care regimen can help in treating wrinkles naturally. Here are some simple tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on arms,
- Ensure that your diet is rich in vitamins and other nutrients. Vitamin E and vitamin A are primary vitamins that are essential for health of the skin. Ensure that you drink adequate quantities of water each day, as dehydration can also hasten the process of formation of wrinkles. Ensure that you consume a lot of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, nuts, etc. Stay away from processed foods, trans-fats and saturated fatty acids.
- Regular exercise can also be beneficial in helping the skin to remain healthy and toned. Simple exercises involving the arms and legs need to be performed to keep the muscles toned and prevent the skin from sagging.
- Avoid undue exposure to the sun. Wear a sunscreen lotion on your arms especially when you are expected to be outdoors. Avoid the sun from 10 am to 4 pm, especially during the summers.
- Local application of vitamin E oils can be very useful to prevent wrinkles. Vitamin E helps strengthen the collagen tissue and prevents the skin from sagging. Apply walnut oil or almond oil on the skin of arms in order to prevent formation of fine lines.
- Lifestyle modifications like avoiding smoking and consumption of alcohol can also significantly contribute towards delaying the formation of wrinkles on the arms.
- Home remedies like topical application of mashed papaya or pineapple juice are also vital in preventing wrinkle formation. These provide essential nutrients to the skin and keep them healthy and hydrated for prolonged duration of time.
If you are concerned about wrinkles on arms, consult your dermatologist to understand your treatment options.