Candidiasis or Candida overgrowth occurs due to the proliferation of the microbe Candida albicans. It naturally lives inside the human body. However, an overgrowth is extremely harmful for the body. A weak immune system is the principal cause for Candida overgrowth. Common manifestations include: GI upsets, fatigue and irritability.
Symptoms Of Candida Overgrowth
A healthy and normally functioning immune system keeps a check on the growth of Candida.
Increase or decrease in the pH levels of the vagina as a result of the menstrual period, pregnancy, or menopause also trigger an overgrowth. Use of hormonal pills or oral contraceptives also results in an overgrowth.
Some of the common symptoms of Candida overgrowth are:
- GI symptoms such as: bloating, poor digestions, gas, constipation alternating with diarrhea, mucus in stools, etc. may occur. Heart burn and hemorrhoids are also common symptoms.
- The person will complain of extreme weakness. Giddiness, headaches and migraines are common too.
- Irritability and mood swings.
- Craving for sugar or bread develop
- Concentration is poor.
- Menstrual disorders, discharge from the vagina, vaginal itch, low sex drive, burning while urinatin, vaginal infections, rectal itch and infertility are seen.
Natural Remedies For Candida Overgrowth
The following home remedies promise speedy cure for Candida overgrowth:
- Yogurt: apply yogurt to the affected area. It is an excellent natural cure for Candida; it contains the bacteria Lactobacillus Acidophilus, which increases the beneficial bacteria in our gut, and checks the overgrowth of yeast.
- Tea tree: essential oils are very effective too. The tea tree oil is the best anti septic aroma oil that can prevent a spread of the infection. Add a few drops to your bath water.
- Garlic: garlic is the most medicinal herb. It fights the most stubborn of infection effectively. Chew 3 flakes of raw garlic daily.
- Cotton clothing: your clothes, especially, the underwear should be of cotton, do not wear synthetic fabric.
- Hygiene: wipe the genitals properly, and maintain strict levels of cleanliness.
Diet For Candida Yeast Infection
- Fluid Diet
Drink plenty of water and fluids. It keeps you well hydrated and minimizes complications.
- Fruits and Vegetables
Fresh fruits and vegetables provide loads of fiber, this helps re instate the friendly bacteria in the bowels and also check the GI derangements successfully.
Incorporate tuna, salmon, etc., in your main course; they provide adequate good quality protein.
Yogurt is a probiotic and supplies large doses of the beneficial bacteria that help counteract the unchecked growth of Candida yeast.
- Herbal Tea
Herbal tea (mint, ginger, lemon grass, etc.) contain powerful anti oxidants. They boost the body’s defense mechanism and fight infection rapidly.
Alongside, you ought to know what foods you need to avoid altogether:
- Sugary Foods
Sugar encourages growth of Candida albicans. Steer clear of all sugary foods, refined foods and processed foods.
- Carbohydrate Foods
Limit your intake of whole-grains, pastas, etc. They are not recommended, until you have recovered completely from the infection.
Eliminate caffeinated beverages from your diet.
Alcohol contains large quantities of sugar, which may lead to an uncontrolled growth of Candida and also harsh complications. Abstain from alcohol consumption.