Information On Zits
Zits are one of the problems that teenagers have to deal with as part of the growing up process. These zits often occur during puberty when the hormone levels shoot up. Hormonal imbalance is the main reason why zits are experienced. Still, it does not constitute the entire problem.
Zits can really be a problem as they often occur in conspicuous areas of the body, especially at the face. Still, zits are also known to occur in the neck, shoulders, and the back.
Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Zits
There are a number of cures for zits and pimples that one can make from home. Some of these remedies are so simple to make and can be put together with the use of certain ingredients that can be easily found in the kitchen, bathroom or around the house.
- If the patient has one or two pimples on his/her face and he/she wants it to disappear fast, one of the easiest things he/she can use to dry it out fast is toothpaste. Simply wash the face before bed and pat it dry. Dab a small dot of toothpaste on the pimple or pimples, making sure that they are completely covered and leave this on overnight. The pimple will shrink by morning. Wash off the remaining toothpaste off the face.
- Mix together some cinnamon powder and some pure honey to form a sticky paste. Use this paste on the zits and leave this on the pimples overnight. Wash off the dried off remedy in the morning.
- Turmeric powder and lemon mixed together to form a paste is also good home remedy for pimples. Wash the face before applying this paste and leave this paste on the pimple or zit for half an hour. Wash off thoroughly and pat dry.
How to Prevent Zits
Because zits can be unsightly and could even cause scarring, it is best to prevent their occurrence than trying to get rid of them. What should the patient do?
- Keep sweat off the face. After exercise, sports, or any strenuous activity, it is but natural that the face could become sweaty. Wash face with mild cleanser.
- Avoid foods that are known as triggers for zits. Each person will have a different “trigger” so try to take note of which ones had caused the zits to appear.
- Always keep the hands clean. Unclean hands can introduce bacteria to the face.