By far the most typical sexual aberration in men is erectile dysfunction, which affects one in every ten men around the world. This sexual problem hampers a male’s ability to either achieve or sustain an erection, impeding among relationships. Erection problems can lead to more serious conditions including depression, anxiety, or simple an attack to a man’s self esteem. What people may perceive to be obstacles in a relationship may in fact just be a failure in effectual blood flow. Blood vessels within the genital become constricted, impeding blood flow. Erection then becomes a huge challenge even when sexual stimulation is present. Erection problems involve a penis that does not expand and harden during sexual excitement.
Causes of Erection Problems
Another term for this condition is impotence. Most of the causes are usually secondary to other medical conditions.
- Diseases that impair the vascular system put men at risk for impotence. Such diseases include uncontrollable blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood glucose levels.
- Other heart, neurological, and thyroid conditions may also prove to be detrimental to penile function.
- Abuse of alcohol, nicotine, and other drugs also contribute to erection problems.
- Not all erection problems are caused by physiological dispositions. Psychological health plays an important role in regulating erectile function. Anxiety, stress, and depression contribute to erection problems.
Erection Problems Natural Remedies
If the erection problem is secondary to another medical condition, it may be important to treat the primary diagnosis first. However, there are natural substances that help remedy the erection problem.
- L-Arginine. Found in dairy, meat, poultry, and fish, this natural substance relaxes surrounding muscles and blood vessels in the penile shaft, and works by increasing blood flow.
- Ginkgo biloba. This herb can largely benefit patients who experience erection problems as direct side effects of antidepressant drug use. It works by relaxing smooth muscle and enhancing blood flow.
- Zinc. The depletion of this mineral in the body has been associated with the existence of erection problems.
- Tonkat Ali. This Asian herb works by increasing and improving levels of testosterone, a naturally occurring hormone in men. Once hormone levels are enhanced, one can expect an overall improvement in terms of fertility and sexual desire.
- Cardamom. An Eastern Spice, Cardamom is usually mixed with coffee and curry. It works as an overall nerve stimulant.
- Ginger. It is a natural aphrodisiac. Extracts can increase both sperm motility and quantity.
- Ginseng. When taken in moderate amounts, the herb can stimulate, relax, and improve overall muscle stamina.