Stiff joints are a symptom described as a reduction in mobility or a hampered mobility of a joint. It can occur in one single joint or exist at multiple joints.
What Causes Stiff Joints
There are possibly a hundred causes for stiff joints since the stiffness is mostly due to an inflammation.
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis which is a chronic autoimmune disease characterized by a joint inflammation.
- Gout which is a type of arthritis caused by a buildup of uric acid in the joints.
- Reiter’s Syndrome
- Common injuries like broken bones, stress fractures, overuse injury, sprains and strains, etc.
- Infectious diseases like Septic Arthritis (infectious arthritis), Hepatitis, Mumps, Measles, etc.
- Bursitis which is an inflammations of the bursa sac that cushions the joint.
- Leukemia which is a cancer of the bone marrow.
- Bone cancer
- Medication side effects or allergic reaction to some drugs.
How to Loosen Stiff Joints
Having stiff joints can sometimes be painful and awkward.
- Movement Exercises: is one of the best and easy ways one can do to loosen up those joints. A simple walking, running, riding a bike, and doing some stretches are some of the few things one can do.
- Strength-building exercises like weight training. It can help build muscle that will be capable of absorbing impact instead of the joints.
- Massage technique: It moves the muscles and soft tissues of the body by using pressure and stretching. It works to break up fibrous tissue and loosens up stiff joints.
- Water therapy which can be done by entering a pool and simply kick or twirl the legs around to help loosen those joints and increase flexibility.
Natural Remedy for Stiff Joints
Natural cures for a person with stiff joints usually vary depending on the cause.
- Mostly, individuals who have stiff joints caused by any form of arthritis can be treated by drinking apple cider missed with water and honey. This is said to be a very old remedy and though the use of apple cider is based on unproven fact, benefits of the vinegar are not to be doubted.
- The use of cinnamon is also an amazing treatment basing on studies had shown. Simply taking a mixture of half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of honey each morning before breakfast will help those joints loosen up.