Abortion is a term used for an incomplete pregnancy, induced or naturally so. Thus, a miscarriage can also be called an abortion. This usually occurs in the first trimester and, in some cases, second trimester but rarely occurs in the third trimester.
Not many people are aware that there are plenty of natural ways to induce abortion.
- High doses of vitamin C.
- Some sources report that drinking up to 6,000 mg of vitamin C in a day can induce abortion even in women who are already 3 weeks late in their period.
- The requirement for this is that the vitamin C does not contain rosehips and is pure ascorbic acid – something that many cheap brands can offer.
- The reason for the efficacy of this method is that the excess vitamins create a hostile environment for the fertilized egg not to implant. Thus, it works best as a morning-after medication.
- High amounts of parsley.
- Parsley can actually induce contractions.
- Placing a few stalks of fresh parsley inside can induce the contractions.
- Drinking juice made from parsley also hastens the procedure.
Home Remedies For Abortion
There are certain home remedies which have been known to induce or accelerate the process of natural abortions. These home remedies are simple to use and associated with relatively fewer health risks. Some of these home remedies include, :
- Confection of white rose petals, about 10 to 20 grams.
- Cramp bark with wild yam.
- Cramp bark with hawthorn.
- Raspberry tea; this will strengthen the uterus.
- Nutmeg tea.
- Bayberry, red raspberry, and other berries.
- Rose hips.
- St. John’s wort.
- Fresh fruits.
- Whole grain.
- Fresh dairy products.
- Cod liver oil.
- Fish oil.
Abortion, whether induced or natural, can be painful and could cause bleeding. Stay safe. Some tips to be safe after an abortion:
- Use natural remedies that can help relax the uterus. Rose hips and chamomile can have this effect.
- Fresh juices made from red raspberry, hawthorn, and fresh fruits can help provide the patient with a better immune system.
- To lessen bleeding, use nutmeg tea and corn silk.
- It is necessary to expel the placenta. To do this, use thyme taken in tea.
Always remember that though most of the natural techniques are safe, it is always important to get yourself thoroughly examined by the physician after the abortion has been induced. Occasionally remnants of the failed pregnancy may remain within the uterus making it prone to risk of infections and other complications.