Queasy stomach is a condition in which you feel loathsome, nauseous, discomfort and fullness, especially after eating. Although feeling queasy can occur at any time, it is most common during pregnancy. Many pregnant women feel nauseous as soon as they conceive. Some women may feel stomach upset during later part of first trimester.
The good news is usually this odd feeling does not last long. It diminishes or vanishes completely after first trimester in majority of pregnant women. The cause for such feeling is hormonal change that occurs during pregnancy. This imbalance of hormones in some women can upset their stomach while some pregnant women may be less affected. Besides this, pressure from growing uterus on abdominal organs can also cause some amount of gastric upset.
Symptoms Of Queasy Stomach
Queasy stomach plagues almost 70 to 80 percent of pregnant women.
Following are symptoms that may present with queasy stomach during pregnancy.
- Early morning gastric upset
- Sour taste in mouth
- Gasses in stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Burning in stomach
Home Remedies For Queasy Stomach
A queasy stomach can be quiet upsetting for a pregnant woman. This only condition can make her feel sick and exhausted even though she is healthy. There are several prescription medications that may help to reduce feeling of nausea. But this discomforting feeling can also be alleviated with home remedies.
- White rice: Although eating bland rice may not be likened food, it is found to be extremely beneficial in reducing queasiness. The starch present in rice coats and soothes the inner lining of stomach.
- Drink half glass of lemon juice in the morning when your stomach is upset during pregnancy. It helps to alleviate the symptoms.
- Eat appealing foods and avoid eating foods that cause queasiness. Especially spicy and strong smelling food may aggravate the condition.
- Bananas are good to soothe the stomach. They are also useful in case of treating constipation. Besides bananas contain high amount of potassium. All these attributes help to relieve upset stomach.
- Eat brat diet which consists of banana, rice, applesauce, and toast. All these foods help to reduce stomach upset and discomfort caused during pregnancy.
- Avoid eating greasy, oily and processed food. Instead eat diet that contains good amount of protein and carbohydrate.
- Rest is necessary during pregnancy. During this period the woman must not be mentally stressed. Minimizing stress and taking rest will help to minimize queasiness. Practice prenatal yoga and meditation techniques to reduce stress.
- Alternative medicines such as homeopathy have many medicines that will help to alleviate morning sickness or queasiness in stomach.