Age spots can dot the skin an otherwise smooth and flawless skin. Age spots can make any individual see much older. It is also an indication of the age and health of the skin. Having age spots on the skin can be normal when at a mature or old state but in younger, more dynamic generations, age spots are feared.
Age Spots Removal
- Age spots are also commonly called sun spots, lentigos, lentigines, or liver spots.
- These are flat and can vary in color between tan, brown, or dark brown.
- The spots appear on sun-exposed skin.
- Age spots have been associated with an accumulation of sun exposure.
- It often appears on the backs of hands, neck, forearms, chest, and the face.
- Age spots are not cancerous but the appearance of sun spots puts individuals at a greater risk of developing cancer.
- There are various treatments used to remove sun or age spots on the skin and can include medical or dermatological treatment as well as natural home remedies.
- Prevention is still considered the best treatment for age spots.
Age Spots Removal Naturally
There are natural ways to help age spots go away. These natural treatments also include preventive methods for developing age spots.
- Avoid excessive exposure from the sun.
- Apply sunscreen lotion to the skin at least a half hour before sun exposure and reapplication should be done frequently.
- Perform activities that allow you to sweat as this is one form of cleansing the body from the toxins it has accumulated.
- Rehydrate the skin by drinking plenty of water, at least 8-10 glasses a day.
- Include fruit juices in the diet.
- Remove sweets, caffeine, tobacco, junk foods, and alcohol from the diet and lifestyle.
- Eat plenty of lean and high quality protein foods.
- Eat plenty of raw fruits which can supply the body with needed vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid going out of doors between 10 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. If it cannot be avoided, wear sunscreen.
Age Spots Removal Home Remedy
The following natural ingredients can be used in a mixture or solution rubbed or applied onto age stops to help remove them naturally.
- Juice of fresh garlic
- Sliced red onion
- Castor oil
- Fresh juice of aloe vera
- Vinegar (preferably apple cider)
- Orange juice
- Fresh berries
- Bilberry extract
- Mashed chick peas (may use canned or fresh variety)
- Sap from dandelion stem
- Gotu kola, powdered
- Horseradish root
- Fresh lemon juice
- Rosemary essential oil
- Juice of black walnuts
- Sandalwood paste
- Tomato juice
- Olive oil