Men love women who have soft and smooth skin. Cosmetics look even better on women with smooth and soft skin. There are so many benefits and advantages to having clear, smooth skin. Women and even men for that matter can suffer a loss of self-esteem or self-confidence when their skin isn’t as smooth as they want it to be because of pores and acne.
Open Pores on Cheeks
- The skin naturally has pores.
- These pores allow oil and sweat to come out of the sebaceous and sweat glands, keeping the skin healthy and moisturized.
- Pores, however, should be fine and should not be open.
- Open pores are prone to becoming clogged with dirt and grime from the environment.
- Clogged pores can become infected and develop into blackheads which can later develop into acne.
- Other problems caused by open pores include excessively oily skin and possibly even scarring.
- Pores can become enlarged due to genes and also due to habits such as unhealthy diet and improper hygiene.
How to Close Open Pores on Cheeks
Large pores can become fine again with the help of dermatologic intervention. However, there are also more economical ways of closing previously open pores.
- Cleanse the skin regularly. This ensures that the skin is free from excess oil, dirt, and grime which can clog pores.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and stimulate the growth of new, healthy skin cells. This also keeps the pores free from dirt and oil.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Eating a diet filled with fruits and vegetables which are good sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants keeps the skin healthy. Oily foods help increase oil production which can clog pores.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise helps the skin to sweat, remove toxins, and improves blood circulation to keep skin healthy.
Home Remedies for Open Pores on Cheeks
Open pores can be closed with inexpensive, safe, and natural home remedies.
- Steam the face to help open up pores and make it easy to remove clogged oil, dirt, and grime.
- Apply honey and baking soda to help tighten the skin and tone it. Apply this as a mask for five to seven minutes.
- Rinse the mask with warm and then cold water to tighten the pores.
- Apply ice to help dramatically shrink the pores. Do this for two minutes.