There are people who are born with dark skin complexion while few other get their skin darkened due to hyper pigmentation. It is the result of over production of melanin pigments which give the color to the skin.
Dark skin has higher number of melanin pigments compared to their fairer counterparts. The skin looks more patchy and blemished with increase of melanin pigments in dark skin individuals.
You may often notice people complaining of their skin turning from brownish to blackish discoloration. It is the only symptom which is observed for dark skin.
Causes Of Dark Skin Pigmentation On Neck
- The most and obvious cause of dark skin on the neck is heredity. Children born to dark skin parents will obviously have dark skin color. This is due to the genes they inherit from their parents and grandparents.
- When there is over production of melanin pigments in some conditions it gives a darker color to the skin. Melanin is the pigments which is responsible for skin color.
- Certain skin disease such as lichen planus and lichen simplex results in dark skin patches around the neck. The other symptom of this include itching and thick patch.
- Exposure to sun rays for a longer time will also make the skin of your neck more dark than usual. This is a natural process of body to protect itself from the harmful ultraviolet ray of the sun. When exposed to sun, skin produces more melanin pigments to shield and prevent the ultraviolet rays entering the skin.
- Excessive sweating can change the skin color. Presence of uric acid in sweat is responsible for darkening the skin.
- Hormonal imbalance in PCOS or hypothyroidism is other cause for dark skin on the neck.
- Allergic reaction due to wearing artificial jewelry around the neck can darken your skin around the neck temporarily.
- Obesity, diabetes, medications and pregnancy are few other causes for dark skin.
- Fungus around the neck can make your neck skin look darker.
Home Remedies For Dark Skin On Neck
Since ages people use home remedies and herbal preparation to make their skin look brighter from dark skin color. Home treatment for dark skin on neck is not only inexpensive but is also not harmful as other chemical procedures.
- Take one teaspoon of gram flour add one teaspoon of curd and a pinch of turmeric powder, add little water to make a homogeneous paste. Now before taking bath, apply it on your neck area. Allow it to dry for fifteen minutes. Take normal bath with lukewarm water. Repeat the procedure twice in a week; this is the best home remedy for dark skin.
- Another useful remedy for dark skin around neck is a mixture prepared from tomato juice, oat meal, and curd. Apply it on the dark skin area and let it remain for few minutes till the paste dries. Now wash it off with cool water. This treatment will not only lighten the skin but also make smooth and supple.
- Use of orange peel is the best herbal treatment for dark neck. Mix the dried orange peel powder with milk and apply it on the neck area and after some time wash it with cool water.
- Rub the slice of potato on dark neck skin; it is also a good home treatment.
- Lime juice is considered as a natural bleaching agent. Add a pinch of turmeric powder in two table spoon of lime juice and apply it on the neck and wash it off after some time. Do it regularly and observe the difference after a period of two weeks.