As people age, a number of problems begin to show in the body. One of the most common problems that people experience is having dark spots. These spots can be found in various parts of the body, including the face, neck, arms, legs, and back.
Dark Spots Legs
- In general, those who have long, flawless legs embody the ideals of a sexy lady.
- Dark spots in the legs are called hyperpigmentation. These are virtually harmless and are not painful. Thus, there is no cause for alarm when the patient finds his/her legs spotted with these dark spots.
- Still, as mentioned above, the ideal condition is for a person to have spotless, flawless legs. Thus, finding a way to get rid of these dark spots can truly help obtain this ideal condition.
Dark Spots on Legs Causes
What are the possible causes why legs develop dark spots?
- Well, aging is one of the main culprits for these dark spots.
- Still, it is actually prolonged exposure to the sun that causes these dark spots to manifest clearly and in large areas. Thus, those who are always sunbathing have a higher risk of developing dark spots on their legs that those who stay out of the sun most of the time.
- Another reason why this could happen is that there is an excess of iron in the blood.
- Some allergies also cause this problem to appear. This usually occurs when the patient is allergic to the components of the soap, creams, lotions, and other products used on the legs.
- Another reason is that there is genetic predisposition for the patient to have dark spots.
Dark Spots on Legs Home Remedy
To get rid of these dark spots, try the following:
- Apply sunscreen lotion before going out, especially if there is a high likelihood of staying under the sun.
- Some skin lightening creams may do the trick but could still cause uneven skin tone.
- Use the following home remedies:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Cocoa butter
- Horseradish root
- Still, if the spots are not erased by the home remedies, laser removal might be the only remaining option.