How to Darken Skin without Tanning
More and more people are now embracing the darker skin tones. Many want to have darker skin tones because it makes them sexier and more beautiful. Tanning is common among Caucasians as they want to have a glowing, healthier, sun-kissed skin tones. So here are some natural ways of darkening skin tones without tanning:
- Staying under the sun.
- Emu Oil. Application of emu oil on the skin is said to cause natural darkening of the skin. Emu oil increases the melanin production, making one’s skin tone darker.
How to Darken Skin Tone Naturally
- Eating foods rich in carotenoids, such as carrots. Carotenoids are the pigments that give carrots their orange color. Studies show that eating foods rich in carotenoids can help give the skin a richer, darker color.
- Makeup. Applying a bronzer can give one a temporary, darker skin tone. Although temporary, one can look healthier and glowing with a bronzer. Choosing a foundation that is darker than the natural hue of the person can also darken the complexion; just make sure that the foundation is even out to achieve an even toned skin.
- Wear less contrasting color. Wearing dark colored clothes can make one look paler. So go for less contrasting colors, such as light colored clothes.
- Cinnamon Rub. Cinnamon has dark pigments that can help temporarily darken the skin. Just mix a tablespoon of cinnamon powder with an ordinary lotion and apply to skin. This will also give a fresh cinnamon fragrance that one can use instead of perfumes or body sprays.
- Tea Bag Tan. Tea bag tan can make the skin darker longer compared to cinnamon rub. Just soak five to six tea bags in water and allow seeping for a few minutes. After, apply the colored water to the skin using a washcloth or sponge. Make sure to apply it evenly on the skin to achieve a natural darker skin tone.
- Cocoa Butter. Cocoa butter can be used as moisturizer and at the same time works best in making the skin tone darker.