Aging is a natural process and every child will become old as time passes. Aging brings several changes in body, and first sign of visible aging is wrinkles and creases on face. As we age the skin begins to lose its elasticity and sags. With aging the body starts losing elastin and collagen, the two connective tissues which are responsible in keeping your skin tight and firm.
The body on its own cannot reverse the process as we age. The skin needs tightening by external means. There are several techniques to make your skin tight, remarkable improvement is seen after cosmetic surgery. However, everyone cannot afford this expensive method. Besides it is invasive procedure. Using home remedies, it is possible to tighten the facial skin for at least temporarily. Besides, these home measures can be used time and again when you feel the skin on your face has become loose.
What Causes Sagging Facial Skin?
The primary reason for the loss of elasticity of your facial skin is aging process.
The skin also becomes lax because of gravity. Also with aging the muscles of face become lax. As a result, the skin over it begins to wrinkle. Frequent weight loss and weight gain can cause damage to the tissues underlying facial skin. The fat beneath the skin begins to shift and the skin becomes loose.
Too much exposure to sunlight can affect the collagen and elastin fibers. They get damaged and as a result the skin loses its flexibility. Smoking is commonly associated with speeding up aging process of skin. Sagging of facial skin is more among women as they have less number of oil glands around their mouth as compared to men.
Natural Remedies To Tighten Facial Skin
You can tighten and facelift your sagging skin with the help of natural remedies, without undergoing cumbersome and expensive cosmetic surgery. Here are few important ways to do so.
- Egg: Prepare a facial mask with egg white. Take two to three eggs to prepare the facial mask. Break the egg and separate the yolk and egg white. Now whip the white portion of egg until it becomes frothy. With your fingers apply the prepared mask on your face. Let the mask remain on your face for 20 to 30 minutes until you feel the tightness. Rinse your face with cool water. If you are allergic to eggs avoid using this method. There are numerous other natural ways to tighten your facial skin.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an indispensable vegetable when it comes to ward off wrinkles and tighten the sagging facial skin. Extract cucumber juice in a bowl. Apply the juice all over your face and even around the eyes. Let it remain for a while till it dries. Wash your face with cold water. Cucumber juice tightens your face and reduces the large pores. Besides, it can be applied under and around the eyes to diminish the visibility of wrinkles.
- Honey: Apply thin layer of honey on your face. Honey is considered time tested natural remedy to tighten the lose skin. One of the qualities of honey is to entrap the moisture present in skin which is the key in improving elasticity of skin. After applying leave it for 20 to 30 minutes, thereafter wash your face with water.
- Water: Water is essential for skin health. Lack of water can dehydrate the skin. Dry skin becomes vulnerable to damage. Since 50 to 60 percent of tissue content is made up of water, its deficiency can cause affect the tissue elasticity. Drink enough water to keep your body well hydrated.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is another natural product to make your skin tout and refreshing. Mix baking soda with water until it becomes a consistent paste. Apply this facial mask on your face. Baking soda helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and makes your face smooth and supple. The skin pores become tight and the facial skin becomes firm.