With age, sagging of the skin is inevitable, making fine lines and wrinkles more conspicuous. A loss of collagen is to blame for the sagging and drooping of your skin, along with changes in your hormone profile as well as sun damage.
Every time you squint, scowl, frown, or grimace, you contract the underlying muscles in the forehead.
Even as no over-the-counter treatments will help eliminate the frown lines completely, you can definitely enhance the firmness and elasticity of the skin by rebuilding collagen. Give your skin the correct nourishment, protection from the sun and loads of anti-aging nutrients, and your frown lines will start to fade.
Home Remedies To Remove Frown Lines On Face
Follow these guidelines on a daily basis, they promise to reduce the wrinkles, make your skin supple and restore youthfulness:
- Use a creamy, moisturizing face wash once a day to cleanse your face. Harsh soaps and face washes dehydrate the skin and make the frown lines look worse.
- After bath use a light moisturizer to hydrate and nourish the skin. Opt for a product that contains humectants like glycerin and hyaluronic acid.
- Use a sun block whenever you leave the house. Use a product with SPF 15 or higher. Adequate sun protection is the most crucial part of the therapy.
- Twice a week use a product that contains alpha or beta hydroxy acids. These break down and slough off debris, dead cells, dirt as well as promote new cells to form.
- Massage in a cream containing retinol that helps build up the skin’s collagen and gives you a firm, supple and more youthful look by ironing out the fine lines and wrinkles.
- A rich night cream is essential. Choose one containing lipids to reinforce the skin’s moisture barrier. A dry, dehydrated skin has a difficult time to rebuild elastin and collagen, and frown lines are more apparent on a dry face.
- Incorporate – cashews, pistachios, tomatoes, plums, cherries peaches, spinach, sweet potato and limes in to your daily menu. These are packed with potent anti-oxidants which help battle the ravages of age.
- Facial exercises make the skin supple, pliable and firm; they iron out and soften frown lines and reestablish a younger-looking skin. To iron out the frown lines, press your fingertips firmly on to the furrows and massage for about a minute. Massage well – vertically, then horizontally, over the eyebrows and around the temples. Then massage in a circular motion. Make sure you follow this ritual daily; within 2 to 3 weeks, the lines will start diminishing.
- The corrugator muscle (the frowning muscle) has long and narrow fibers which traverse the eyebrows and extend to the temples. You use the corrugator muscle to shield the eyes from glare, to display dissatisfaction, and to show physical pain and mental turmoil. When the corrugator weakens, you develop fine lines near the temples as well as crow’s feet. Overuse of the muscle along with advancing causes the development of vertical lines / furrows between the eyebrows.