Blackheads are small spots often found on the face. These are actually pores that are clogged and have material that are turned black or dark brown by oxygen. These are often found in very oily areas of the face, especially at the nose, chin, and forehead.
What Causes Blackheads on Nose
- The nose has plenty of pores and has more oil glands than the other parts of the face.
- Because of these oil glands, plenty of oils are created and excreted on the area.
- Now, dead skin cells are shed off regularly. However, there are times when these dead skin cells do not shed off but actually mix with the oil from the glands. This mixture clogs the pores.
- Because of the presence of oxygen, the mixture begins to harden and change in color to become dark brown or black.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Remember, having blackheads can be very unsightly. This especially holds true when the blackheads are on the nose where these are easily visible.
- Scrub the face using an exfoliant can go a long way to getting rid of the blackheads. However, this can be harsh on the skin, especially if a harsh towel is used to dry off the face by rubbing.
- Use exfoliants that have salicylic acid and/or beta-hydroxy acid. These ingredients actually help remove the mixture of dead skin cells and oil from the pores. There is no need to scrub hard to remove the black heads because these will just easily come off.
- Also, do not rub the face to dry it off. Instead, pat gently with a soft towel.
- Also, keep the face clean and free from dust that could also harbor bacteria.
- There are also plenty of over-the-counter remedies that can be applied on the affected area.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally with Home Remedies
Still, those who want to get rid to their blackheads naturally can try the following options:
- Scrub face with a mixture of salt, honey and lime juice.
- Apply heated honey on the face.
- A mixture of fresh lime juice and groundnut oil is also a good option on the face.