Sensitive skin is used to describe the body’s heightened reaction to factors that cause irritation. People with this type of skin need not be worried as they can use products and home remedies to combat skin problems.
Home Remedies for Sensitive Skin
- Basic skincare routine that is ideal for sensitive skin should be followed.
- Check labels of products before buying them, to ensure that they are made from all-natural ingredients. Hypoallergenic and unscented cosmetic or skin care products are ideal for sensitive skin.
- Moisturizing creams or lotions applied after bath help keep the skin supple and free from dryness, which lead to irritation.
- Remember to use sun protection at all times to protect the skin.
- Household cleaning agents should also be free of irritants, especially when used to wash clothes.
What are the Causes of Sensitive Skin
- The number one cause of skin sensitivity is allergic reaction.
- On some cases, sensitive skin may indicate an underlying condition. Chronic illnesses like lupus and asthma that affect the immune system can lead to irritated skin.
- Imbalances in the hormonal level and thyroid functions can trigger sensitivity. Pregnant women are good examples of this occurrence.
- Oftentimes, people taking medications can experience sensitive skin as well. The liver tends to get clogged with substances found in medicines, preventing it from processing toxins. Skin irritations may erupt for this reason.
Homemade Remedies for Sensitive Skin
- Face mask made from oatmeal and honey provides soothing effects on sensitive skin.
- Baking soda facial mask is gentle enough to not irritate the skin.
- An egg yolk mask every week can stop acne, but is not recommended for people with sensitivity to poultry products.
Sensitive Skin Relief
- Consume more fruits and vegetables for clear skin. It can detoxify the body of harsh substances that may be causing acne and other skin problems.
- Increase intake of omega-3 fatty acids, which is found in fish, nuts and seeds.
- Yogurt and other pro-biotic food are recommended due to their beneficial bacteria.
- Avoid essential oils, preservatives and synthetic ingredients in skin care products and cosmetics.