Sugar can be unbelievably exfoliating to the skin, leaving it soft and supple. In case you are new to making your own skin care products or are an expert natural beauty alchemist, try out these sugar scrub recipes; they promise brilliant results.
You can use these scrubs on your face, lips, neck, hands, feet and body for silky, smooth skin.
Benefits Of Homemade Sugar Scrub For Face And Lips
Dead skin cells need to be exfoliated and removed in order to have a glowing and radiant skin. Sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent which gets rid of dead skin cells that dull your complexion; what’s more, it is absolutely natural and free from additives and chemicals which are added to store-bought scrubs and exfoliating agents.
One of the chief benefits of skin exfoliation using a homemade sugar scrub is enhancing its texture. If your skin feels dry and rough, exfoliating it with sugar is an easy way to revive with.
Battling the signs of aging is another significant advantage of exfoliating with sugar. With age, the skin’s innate ability to get rid of dead skin cells slows down.
A sugar scrub promises to rid your skin of blackheads, whiteheads and breakouts, by keeping your pores unclogged.
How To Make Your Own Sugar Scrub For Face?
Blend together 2 parts of sugar (white or brown work well) to 1 part oil (you could choose from avocado, almond, or walnut oil), serum from about 5 vitamin E capsules, other optional ingredients (listed below), and mix well.
This blend is excellent and decidedly effective in the management of dull, lifeless and lack luster skin. A sugar scrub eliminates dirt, dust, grime and dead cells most efficiently and leaves your skin baby soft and glowing.
To the basic sugar scrub described above you could add any of the following ingredients depending on what would work best for you and based on your preferences.
- Cinnamon Scrub: 1 cup sugar, 1 vitamin E capsule gel, ¼th cup avocado oil and 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon.
- Vanilla Scrub: 1 cup sugar, gel from 1 vitamin E capsule, ¼th cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla pod.
- Lemon Scrub: 1 cup sugar, gel from 1 vitamin E capsule, ¼th cup avocado oil, 15 drops of lemon essential oil or orange essential oil or bergamot essential oil.
- Vanilla Lavender Scrub: 1 cup white sugar, gel from 1 vitamin E capsule, ¼th cup avocado oil, 15 drops of lavender essential oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla pod.
- Honey: 1 cup sugar, gel from 1 vitamin E capsule, ¼th cup of almond oil, 5 spoons of honey.
How Long Does Homemade Sugar Scrub Last?
- Stored well, the sugar scrub lasts for a very long period of time; almost 2 months.
- Pack the blend well in an air tight container and store in a cool and dry place.
- Refrigerating is best, given that no preservatives or additives have been added.