Honey is favored for oily skin which is contrary to what many people believe. Many people believe that oily skin needs a natural remedy that is already in itself non-oily and does not trap additional moisture that can make an already oily skin seem more oily and shiny.
Oily skin can harbor moisture and with bacteria present in the pores, this can become good breeding grounds for a pimple to grow.
Honey for Oily Skin
Honey has been used in the treatment of oily skin for quite a long time. Oily skin is prone to many skin disorders, particularly pimples and acne. Treating oily skin with honey will also help prevent any skin disorders or breakouts to develop.
- Honey is naturally produced by bees. It can be described as a sticky type of liquid and is amber in color.
- Honey that is beneficial for the skin is not the type of honey that has already been processed and commercialized for markets.
- The most beneficial type of honey is honey in its pure form or what can be called fresh honey.
- Honey has many wonderful properties but the property that can benefit people with oily skin is its hygroscopic property.
- Honey is capable of absorbing the moisture from surrounding environments.
- When applied on oily skin, the honey absorbs the excess moisture present and therefore takes away any chance of microorganism to grow and cause a local infection.
How to Use Honey for Oily Skin
Honey can be used in foods in different preparations. Similarly, honey can also be used on the skin in different recipes and preparations as well.
- The most common use for honey in treating oily skin is through mask. It is quite easy to make a natural paste or mask using honey because of its properties. Mixed together with natural ingredients such as oatmeal, honey as a face mask can absorb excess moisture and oil from the skin, keeping it nourished and smooth.
- Another common use for honey is as a scrub. When mixed with ingredients such as ground almonds, this can serve as an excellent scrub for the face without causing dryness.
- Honey can also be used as a moisturizer. Honey is a natural moisturizer and when mixed with ingredients such as whole milk and applied to the skin, it effectively hydrates the skin.
- Honey can also be used as a skin cleanser especially because it has natural antiseptic and healing properties.
- It can also be used as a bath to help hydrate the skin of the body and not just the face.
- Honey can also be found as a common ingredient to many cosmetic products from chapsticks, lotion, soaps, and many more.
Benefits of Honey for Oily Skin
Honey contains natural properties that can benefit individuals with oily skin.
- Effectively absorbs excess moisture from the skin and its pores preventing microorganisms to thrive and develop into an infection.
- Honey’s humectant properties nourish the skin and keeping it moisturized without making it oily.
- It has a natural antiseptic property that effectively rids the skin of pimples that can develop quite easily on people with oily skin.
- Honey has natural healing properties that benefits people with oily skin that have already developed infections such as pimples. Honey speeds up the healing of the pimples until it can no longer be seen on the skin.
- Honey is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that effectively nourish skin and keep it healthy.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer that prevents dry skin and the problems that go along with skin dryness.