Enlarged skin pores are a huge beauty concern for all, making your skin look ugly and unattractive; what’s more, they can also give rise to other skin problems such as blackheads, whiteheads, and acne; particularly in those who have an oily skin. Excess sebum, along with grime and bacteria, occlude pores.
Prolonged exposure to sun also contributes to open pores, given that, sun damages your collagen, thus decreasing the suppleness of the walls of the pore canals.
Age is another governing factor which reduces skin elasticity considerably. Likewise, stress, genes, and having a poor skin care routine results in large, ugly pores.
Natural remedies To Tighten Large Pores Permanently
- Ice: Ice is a simple and effective home remedy that helps shrink enlarged pores. It helps tighten your skin, stimulate blood circulation and promote a healthier looking skin. Wrap a few ice cubes in a napkin and place over the affected area for 15 seconds. Repeat 5 to 7 times daily.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a skin toner and an astringent. It makes the skin taut and supple, shrinks large pores, and reinstates the skin’s normal pH balance. Also, apple cider vinegar has potent anti-inflammatory action which manages and prevents acne breakouts. Mix half cup water with half a cup of organic apple cider vinegar. Apply with a cotton swab; leave on for 15 minutes, and rinse off. Ideally, apply every night and follow it up with a light moisturizer. You will notice improvement in 10 days.
- Egg Whites: Egg whites help reduce large and ugly pores by tightening and toning the skin. Whisk an egg white and apply over your face. Let it dry, and then rinse. Another beneficial blend is egg white along with lime juice. Keep for about 10 – 15 minutes and rinse. Do this daily for rapid results.
- Sugar Scrub: Sugar scrub exfoliates your skin, tightens it and gets rid of excess oil and grime. Blend 2 spoons of sugar, 1 spoon of olive oil and a few drops of lime juice. Scrub your skin very gently for 15 seconds, wash off with cool water. Do it twice a week.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda also helps remove excess oil, grime, dirt and debris from your skin. It is also an effective exfoliating agent, and helps balance the pH levels of the skin. Blend together 2 spoons each of baking soda and water. Massage in circular motion for a few seconds. Finally, rinse off. Follow this regimen daily.
- Fuller’s Earth: Fuller’s earth is a tried and tested natural remedy for open pores; it absorbs too much oil and gently exfoliates the skin. In addition, it greatly benefits sun damaged, tired looking skin. Mix rose water with 1 to 2 spoons of fuller’s earth to make a paste. Apply all over the face, and leave on for half an hour. Wash off with cool water. Use this mask twice a week, regularly.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are loaded with vitamin A and vitamin C. they help rebuild lost collagen and make your skin supple and elastic. Make sure you consume at least 2 tomatoes per day. Additionally, rub the skin of the tomato all over the affected area, once or twice daily for optimal results.