Moles are a group of pigmented cells that often get clustered at a particular spot on the skin causing it to appear dark or brown in color. While the moles can be different shades of brown, they are usually darker then the skin tone and can develop on any part of the body.
However it is always recommended to get them evaluated in order to rule out cancerous lesions. Monitoring moles may be important especially if they grow rapidly or change in color. While moles can appear on any part of the body, they become more apparent on the neck.
Mole on neck is a growth on the skin surface which is characterized by a high concentration of melanin. Melanin is the naturally occurring skin pigment, which protects the body from ultraviolet radiations. One may want to remove a mole which is located on the neck, primarily since it is unsightly and unattractive.
What Causes Moles On The Neck?
While the formation of mole on the neck is not very clearly understood, there are certain theories or predisposing factors that have been identified,
- Heredity is considered to play a vital role. Invariably formation of moles on the skin runs in families.
- Genetics may also act as a complimentary factor for development of moles. Whites are more prone to development of moles compared to blacks and Asians.
- Undue exposure to sunlight is considered to be another causative factor. While excessive exposure to sunlight can also increase the risk of skin cancer, it is always important to get any type of mole examined to rule out skin cancer. As per the Skin Cancer Foundation, more the number of moles on the body, the higher the risk of skin cancer.
- Skin infections like molluscum can also result in formation of moles; however such moles are usually infective and can be transmitted via touch.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Moles On Neck
Here are some simple remedies and home based treatments that can help you get rid of moles on neck,
- Place a slice of freshly cut pineapple slice on the mole. Alternatively one can apply freshly prepared pineapple juice on the mole using a cotton swab. Pineapple contains citric acid which is considered to help get rid of mole over a period of time.
- Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice is also considered very useful. Lemon juice acts as natural bleaching agent and helps in reducing the darkness of the mole spot. Continue this treatment for about a few weeks to observe results.
- Local application of milk cream is potentially useful and has a soothing effect on the skin. Milk cream helps the melanin to get redistributed throughout the skin and helps in lightening the mole. In order to see maximum results, use regular milk cream.
- Homeopathic drugs like Sulphur and Graphitis can hasten the process of lightening of the mole and be used to complement the treatment.
- Local application of tea tree oil may be helpful in the management of molluscum, which is an infective condition. Tea Tree oil is a natural anti-microbial agent and prevents the spread of these moles.