Everyone has open pores on their skin to some extent, however with advancing age the problem increases making it more visible, especially on your face as it is the most exposed area of the body. The enlarged pores make your skin look old and rough. Open pores on face attract people’s attention; it can also affect your self esteem.
Open Pores on Face Treatment
- There are several pore reducing toners in the market. Many of them have ingredients that clean your skin and reduce the size of pores on face.
- Microdermabrasion, chemical peels and laser resurfacing are open pores on face treatment which everyone cannot afford. However they are also useful in improving the wrinkles, fine lines and other imperfections present on your face.
For those who do not wish to use above treatment, there are home remedies available for open pores on face, they are also cost effective.
- Mash one or two fresh tomatoes and apply the pulp on your face. Let it remain for five to ten minutes before you rinse your face with cool water. Regularly apply it on your face to reduce the open pores. It acts as a good natural toner.
- Wash your face with water so that all dirt and debris is cleaned. Now apply ice cubes for few minutes on your face. It helps to reduce the size of your pores temporarily.
- To reduce facial pores mix egg white with few drops of lemon juice. Apply it on your face. After five minutes wash it with warm water.
- Fuller’s earth acts as a facial toner. Prepare a paste by mixing fuller’s earth and water. Apply it on your clean face. Let it dry. Wash it off with cool water, and pat your skin dry with a towel. You will find the size of pores on face reduced.
- Mashed ripe papaya is also a good skin tonner.
Open Pores on Face Causes
You may find tiny holes all over the surface of skin, these are called pores, and they are due to tiny hair follicles which support the hair roots. Beside each hair follicle contains oil producing sebaceous glands which lubricate the skin. Open and enlarged pores depend on the width of hair strands and maintaining cleanliness.
- Genetics play an important role. If your parents have large pores on face there are chances for you to inherit the trait.
- Excessive sweating unclogs the pores make them look more enarged.
- Excessive oil secretion from the sebaceous glands, accumulation of dirt and dead skin materials can lead to swelling of the pores which ultimately leads to blackheads and acne.
- Insufficient washing of your face.
- Aging makes your skin lose its elasticity and tightness. This makes your facial pores look bigger.
- Damage due to constant sun exposure.
- Cosmetics and certain facial scrubs which remove the blackheads will open the pores on your face.
- Hormonal changes.
- Skin dehydration.
- Improper diet.