Red blotches on the face may develop due to a host of reasons; the commonest cause being allergy. However, the condition can be effectively handled at home using natural remedies. In case, your skin fails to respond in 2 to 3 days, you need to visit a dermatologist.
What Causes Red Skin Blotches On Face?
Commonly seen causative factors for red blotches on the skin are:
- Allergies: The most common reason for the development of red blotches is an allergy.
- Sun exposure: Overexposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays can trigger red blotches on your face.
- Temperature changes: Sudden temperature changes from very cold to very hot or vice versa set off red blotches on the face.
- Underlying disease-condition: Frequently, red blotches are an indication of an underlying condition in your body. You may be having a skin disorder such as urticaria, eczema, rosacea or psoriasis or it could because of chickenpox, insect bites, or scabies.
- Purpuru: Red purple blotches develop due to a leakage of blood under the skin. Pupura develops because of weakened blood vessels, vasculitis, congenital rubella, and drugs that affect platelet function.
- Rosacea: Red blotches on the skin, particularly on the cheeks, forehead, and nose, accompanied by tiny pus filled eruptions occur due to rosacea. Rosacea gets triggered when you eat spicy food, there’s undue stress, alcohol consumption, taking hot baths, or by taking medicines that affect vascular dilation.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Red Blotches On Face
By and large, the blotches tend to be painless and without any discomfort; however, occasionally, there may be some amount of itching, swelling, burning and pain.
- Steer clear of over-exposure to the sun and do not go out between 12.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M. Use a sunscreen with SPF 60.
- Aloe Vera – Is an excellent natural remedy for red spots on the face. Apply the gel over the affected area several times through the day; it eases the redness and itching effectively.
- Oatmeal – Is another effective home remedy for red blotches. Blend together some oatmeal and water to make a paste. Apply over the face, it will soothe the skin and get rid of the blotches quickly.
- Cold compresses are beneficial too. Place an ice pack or cold cotton swabs over the afflicted area; it proffers instant relief.
- Milk – Dip cotton swabs in cold milk and place over the face; it helps cool the inflamed area and brings relief.
- Keep your skin well hydrated; so drink plenty of water and also use a good moisturizer. Natural oils – olive oil, almond oil, vitamin E oil and avocado oil are of use as well.
- Turmeric – It is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent; it will allay the swelling and inflammation and get rid of the blotches quickly. Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with water and use the paste over the blotches for 2 to 3 days.