Remedies for Dull Skin
There are days when a woman’s skin appears dull, uneven, and lifeless. Dull skin can make anyone look years older. It can even give the impression of fatigue, even if the individual is well-rested. There are remedies which can guarantee healthier and brighter skin in an instant. A diet that contains zinc, folate, and other vitamins and mineral not only offer a healthy glow, but also provides the nourishment body needs.
What Causes Dull Skin
Dull skin is usually a result of a layer of dead cells on the skin surface. Skin cells naturally shed off, but an individual can help speed up this process by exfoliating at least weekly. Some other causes that aggravate a dull skin include:
- Sun exposure. The skin loses its vibrancy when sun exposure is frequent.
- Poor diet. The skin loses its elasticity with a diet low in vitamin, minerals, or fatty acids.
- Dry, cold climate. During winter, the skin loses its natural moisture and may even flake.
How to Get Rid of Dull Skin
Aside from sun protection and healthy lifestyle, the following ingredients can be prepared to get rid of dull skin:
- Cold water. Never wash the face using hot water. Lukewarm to cold water is preferred.
- Egg yolk. Applying egg yolk to the face as a mask can help revitalize the skin and deeply moisture it.
- Honey. A natural moisturizer, honey can be applied to dull areas of the face and washed off after using for 15 minutes. This can also help solve problems of dryness. Equal amounts of honey and lemon can be used to lighten the skin.
- Loofah. Dried and dehydrated papaya can be used as a natural Loofah or body brush. Religious use can help get rid of dead skin cells.
- Lime. Direct application of a slice of lime can help lighten or even out dark areas of the skin. Individuals can do this at night. It is important to wash it in the morning upon waking up. This works as a natural bleach which can be done at least once a month.
- Oatmeal. This mixture can work as a natural facial scrub.