Having saggy knees is one phenomenon that does not escape anybody of any size. Having saggy knees is the occurrence wherein the skin near the knee part begins to wrinkle and sag. It is brought about by numerous causes. Though this is absolutely normal, it can be said that prolonged exposure to the sun is one of the causes that brings about premature sagging of the skin around the knees.
Although cosmetic surgery can be performed to help remove the saggy knees – although not entirely – there are some methods that can be done in order to help tighten the wrinkled skin.
Saggy Knees Exercise
There are many types of saggy knees exercise that can be performed. Most of these are regular exercises such as the following:
- Jumping rope
- Power walking
- Stair climbing
- Leg lifts
An excellent lift and shape exercise that tightens the sagging skin includes the following steps:
- Stand up straight while holding a chair with its back in front.
- Bend the knees keeping them straight above the ankles.
- Squat in a proper posture starting at two sets of 10 each. Then continue doing two sets of 15.
- When comfortable with sets of 15, start letting go of the chair while doing the exercise.
- Advance to three sets of 15 while carrying hand weights.
- Repeat this exercise two to three times a week.
Natural Ways for Getting Rid of Saggy Knees
It is actually possible to totally remove the sagging skin from the knees and make the knees wrinkle-free again. Here are some tips on how to get rid of saggy knees.
- Keep the knees moisturized. Take care of the knees using moisturizing lotions.
- When bathing, do not forget to scrub the knees and apply shea butter or emu oil. Cover the knees by tying long socks around each of them.
- Workout and perform exercises that tighten the area above the knees to prevent sagging.
- Perform exercises such as lift and shape, bent-over rows, push-ups, and tricep overhead press. Exercise in an effective way to tone the skin of the knees and get rid of those sags.
- Cosmetic surgery is an option.
- Body wraps offer a short-term solution to the problem by removing excess water in the knee area.
- Prevent and cure the occurrence of saggy knees by using moisturizers and having a healthier lifestyle.