Everyone desires a beautiful, radiant and unblemished complexion. With age, everyone experiences problems of skin aging, pigmentation, skin darkening and appearance of dark spots.
Excessive exposure to sunlight and pollution, and ageing wreak havoc on our skins. Here are a few effective home remedies that will help lighten and brighten your skin successfully.
Home Remedies For Skin Brightening
Here are some home remedies to lighten your skin. But, their regular application is essential for optimum results.
- Lemon: is a natural bleach and it significantly lightens the complexion. Using a cotton swab, apply the neat juice to your skin. Leave on for 20 minutes. Then rinse off. Daily application provides speedy results. A blend of lemon juice, honey, almond oil and milk is equally in lightening the complexion.
- Oatmeal and curd: are very good remedies for skin lightening. Curd is a bleach, while oats help gently exfoliate the skin.
- Sandalwood: a blend of sandalwood, lemon and cream is an excellent skin care lotion to bleach your skin. The ingredients also tone up the skin, improve skin renewal and fight the signs of ageing.
- Turmeric: turmeric has also been used time and again as a natural bleach and skin toner. Mix powdered turmeric with some water / milk and massage in to the skin.
- Orange rinds: pound dried orange rinds. Add a spoon of curds and apply over your face and neck. This is an excellent bleach.
Natural Skin Lightening Treatment
In order to effectively manage skin darkening or to fight the signs of ageing, we often rely on commercial products, like, bleaches, skin whitening creams, lotions, etc. Nevertheless, certain home remedies act as wonderful skin whitening agents. They are exceedingly safe, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin and lighten the skin appreciably.
- Blend together 1 spoon of milk powder, a few drops of lemon juice, 1 spoon honey, and 1 spoon of almond oil. Apply on the skin and rinse after 20 minutes.
- Tomato juice is a very effective home remedy to brighten the skin and reduce sun damage. Massage the juice in to the skin every day, and leave on for half an hour.
- Soak 5 almonds in some milk. Thereafter, grind them in to a fine paste. Apply on face and neck, and massage gently. Leave for at least 1 hour. Wash off using cold water. Ensure that you follow this regimen daily for 3 months for remarkable results.
- Mix 1 spoon of gram flour with 2 spoons of raw milk and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this blend on to your face and neck. Leave on for 15 minutes. Wash off. These ingredients exert wonderful skin renewal and skin rejuvenating properties.
- Extract the juice of mint leaves. Using a cotton swab, apply the juice all over the skin and rinse after about one hour.