Stretch marks are observed when the skin gets pulled due to rapid growth. The skin tissue is elastic to certain extent and stretch marks are not formed during normal growth. However, rapid stretching of the skin tissue, either due to excessive muscular growth or fat deposits, can lead to formation of stretch marks.
Stretch marks represent partial tear in the internal part of the skin tissue and are attributed to altered collagen formation.
What Causes Stretch Marks On Biceps?
Stretch marks on the biceps are formed in obese individuals or body builders. To begin with stretch marks are purple to red in color; however they gradually fade over a period of time.
Among body builders, the stretching occurs due to muscular hypertrophy while in obese individuals, it may occur due to accumulation of adipose tissue.
The most common locations for formation of stretch marks include the frontal side of the deltoid and the inner part of the deltoid muscle.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks On Biceps
There are no guaranteed techniques to ensure complete removal of stretch marks after they are formed.
- Local application of vitamin E is effective in avoiding and reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Vitamin E helps in improving collagen formulation which in turn reduces possibility of internal skin tear or deterioration of skin in face of rapid growth. Further vitamin E is loaded with antioxidants, which neutralizes the effects of free radicals.
- Include foods that are rich in vitamin E and vitamin A to enhance overall skin health. Include foods like almonds, peanuts, apricots, olives, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, red chili powder, etc. Alternatively opt for supplements with a minimum daily dosage of 100-400 IU of vitamin E and about 5000 IU of vitamin A.
- Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice is also effective to help get rid of stretch marks, Lemon juice contains citric acid, which acts as a natural bleach and helps remove discolorations or pigmentation on the skin. Local application about three to four times in a day can help fade the marks within a couple of weeks,
- Local application of avocado oil on the skin is also beneficial. Apply the oil on the affected area and rub gently in clockwise or anti clockwise direction for a couple of minutes. Almond oil and walnut oil are other alternative options.
- Some experts suggest covering up the stretch marks with natural tan. Either regular sun tanning or option for options like sunless self-tanners can help cover up the stretch marks quickly.
- Homeopathy may be of considerable help in hastening the normalization of pigmentation caused due to the stretch marks. Local application of calendula along with ingestion of homeopathic drug- Graphitis, can help improve skin tone and cover up the pigmentation
In case of serious cosmetic concerns, it is imperative to consult a dermatologist for a medical opinion.