Any person takes pride of his/her appearance no matter what the world may say about his/her appearance. There are many different standards whether a person looks handsome/beautiful or not. Still, having a flawless skin is one of the most precious cosmetic traits a person could have.
Uneven Skin Tone
- The skin is the body’s first line of defense against unwanted invaders such as bacteria and viruses.
- When a person has skin with different tones of color, then that is described as uneven skin tone. It is not painful so that if the patient does not look closely, he/she just might miss the condition. This is especially true if the skin tone is only slightly different from what the original skin tone is supposed to be.
- Knowing the causes of this condition can help the patient avoid these factors. Also, prevention will always be much better than cure.
- To help avoid having this condition, try the following:
- Use sun protection.
- Keep the skin clean and moisturized.
- Exfoliate the skin from time to time.
- Use sun protection.
Uneven Skin Tone Causes
There are a number of factors that could cause a person to have varying shades of skin tone. Some of these are:
- Oily skin. When the skin contains too much oil on the surface, the cells may lack sebum or oil. This will cause the cell to have less binding with each other, promoting cracked or unhealthy skin. This type of skin is more prone to damage and could be discolored compared to normal skin.
- Exposure to the sun. This is often the main culprit for uneven skin color. This is because the sun triggers the production of melanin in certain portions of the body. Thus, prolonged exposure to the sun could cause the uneven skin coloration.
- Hormonal problems and imbalances. Like sun exposure, hormonal problems and imbalances can cause certain areas to produce more or less melanin than in the others.
How to Get Rid of Uneven Skin Tone
To get rid of this unsightly skin tone, try the following:
- Wash the face with mild soap or facial wash twice a day.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the dark areas but be careful to wash it off before going out under the sun.
- Use apple cider vinegar or onion juice on the darker areas.