Dry skin is a very common akin problem. One of the causes for dry skin, particularly during winters is low secretion of sebum from the oil glands. Exposure to extreme conditions, such as, wind, sun, air conditioner or heater robs moisture from your skin, making it look dry, chapped and neglected.
During winter, the skin of the face, sides of the abdomen, thighs, etc. look dry and wrinkled. Those using make up and harsh soaps also suffer from the problem.
However, you can manage the condition easily using simple home remedies.
Natural Remedies For Dry Skin In Winter
Follow these guidelines and incorporate these easy to make homemade, skin packs and blends. These packs will hydrate your skin with the choicest of ingredients, and keep your skin glowing and radiant.
- Use lukewarm water: hot water should be avoided. It dries the skin and wipes out the skin’s natural oils and moisture, thus, making it dry, dull and scaly. Therefore, use lukewarm water while bathing.
- Vigorous rubbing should be avoided: rubbing your skin vigorously is bad too. It makes the skin drier and also makes it look dull and wrinkled.
- Moisturize: ensure that you slather lots of moisturizer immediately after you step out of the shower. The pores are open after the bath, and thus, the moisturizer enters the skin and keeps it well hydrated. Also, apply moisturizer at bed time, so that the skin remains soft and supple.
Home Remedies For Winter Dryness
- Banana pack: blend a banana and 1 spoon of milk. Apply this all over your face and neck. You can apply it all over your body as well. It is a wonderful natural hydrating pack. Also, banana and milk supply the skin with excellent nutrients. Leave on for 20 minutes, and then rinse.
- Egg yolk: another very effective home remedy to combat dryness is egg yolk. Blend together, 1 egg yolk, 3 drops of olive oil and some lime juice. Apply this blend all over your body, before going for a shower. Then wash off, using a gentle soap. This pack promises to prevent dryness and hold in the moisture.
- Honey: honey has always been an amazing skin hydrating agent. It prevent cracks and wrinkling, keeps the skin soft and gives your skin that dewy look even in the winter season.
Humidifier For Winter Dryness
A room humidifier is of great help to keep the air moist, more so, during the dry, cold winters. Thus, investing in a room humidifier during winters is recommended; it prevents your kin from drying out.
Humidifiers may be cool air mist and warm air mist. Make sure that before you go to bed, you clean your skin well, get rid of dirt and grime and apply a deep moisturizer. Keep your humidifier on, particularly at night.
Following this ritual daily with prevent chapping and drying of the skin. It will keep your skin moisturized, soft and healthy looking, even in the winter months.