Witch hazel is a flowering shrub which has a typical smell. The herb is processed to express a clear fluid which is readily available in almost all the drug and health stores. Witch hazel is considered to be loaded with profound health benefits especially for the skin and the face.
While witch hazel has been used commonly to avert the signs of aging naturally, there are a host of other benefits which include treating sunburns, dark spots, acne and other skin ailments.
Benefits Of Witch Hazel On Face And Skin
While witch hazel can be used for a wide range of things, especially manage skin conditions, using witch hazel on the face can yield specific benefits,
- Witch hazel can help reduce inflammation associated with pimple and acne. Daily application of witch hazel can help not only manage pimples but also prevents the appearance of new pimples.
- Local application of witch hazel can help in shrinking the bags under the eyes. Witch hazel helps tighten up the skin and reduce the bagginess.
- Local application of witch hazel can also reduce rash or itching on the face.
- Mixing witch hazel with honey and Aloe Vera can help in reducing discomfort of chick pox blisters and also reduces scarring.
- Witch hazel is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and it can help in preventing razor bumps which may be caused due to ingrown hair. It is recommended that it should be applied before and after shaving to reduce itchiness.
- Witch hazel has special properties which help in healing damaged skin. Witch hazel can help in treating sunburns and also prevents the peeling and flaking of the skin.
- Washing your face with witch hazel can also help in refreshing tired eyes. Applying witch hazel on the face after a bath can be beneficial in treating dry skin.
How To Use Witch Hazel On Face?
Here are a few tips on how to use witch hazel on your face,
- Gently moisten a cotton bud with witch hazel and apply it over the face. Don’t rub the skin; instead just gently dab the skin to remove all the grime and dirt.
- Mix one spoon of honey with a few drops of lemon and lavender essential oil and add witch hazel to it. Add aloe vera gel to the mixture and apply it on the face. This mixture can be used for the management of dark spots, acne marks and sunburns.
- Local application of witch hazel, by dabbing it with cotton buds can be useful in soothing insect and mosquito bites. The anti-inflammatory properties of the oil are considered very beneficial to treat cuts and scrapes as well.
- In order to deal with razor bumps and ingrown hairs, apply witch hazel before and after shaving. Applying witch hazel after a bath can help in preventing drying of the skin.
- Wrap a few ice cubs in a towel and dab the towel with witch hazel. Now apply this as cold compress under the bags of the eyes to treat tried eyes and prevent wrinkles and fine lines. Witch hazel helps in tightening the skin and prevents fine lines and bags.