Wrinkles, fine lines and crowfeet are signs of aging or indicative of significant skin damage. Wrinkles on the chin appear during advanced stages of skin damage. While there are several cosmetic treatments available to deal with skin damage and wrinkles on chin, in most cases these benefits are short term. Using natural treatment options to deal with wrinkles on the chin can have a lasting effect and is free from any detrimental side effects.
What Causes Wrinkles on Chin?
Formation of wrinkles is a natural process of aging. As we age our skin loses its elasticity and slows down the regeneration of new cells. With loss of elasticity the skin starts sagging, resulting in the formation of wrinkles, crowfeet and fine lines. While aging is inevitable, there are certain factors that tend to accelerate the aging process and are considered as a key to premature formation of wrinkles on chin,
- Smoking is attributed to accelerated aging of the skin. Nicotine tends to reduce the blood flow to the skin, which results in poor supply of nutrients and oxygen to the skin. This in turn decelerates the process of cell regeneration, resulting in formation of wrinkles.
- Genetics and heredity plays a crucial role in appearance of wrinkles on chin.
- Sudden and drastic weight loss can also result in formation of wrinkles on the face and chin.
- Lack of essential nutrients and vitamins can also result in loss of elasticity causing wrinkles.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight, especially UV rays, accelerates the damage to the skin cells and results in formation of wrinkles.
How to Get Rid of Wrinkles on Chin?
Here are some life style tips and home remedies that can help get rid of wrinkles on chin promptly. Always depend on a multidisciplinary approach to manage wrinkles,
- Ensure adequate intake of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, dairy products and fish. These foods contain Vitamins (A, C, E and K) along with omega-3 fatty acids and other essential nutrients which are crucial for skin health. Stop smoking, as it accelerates the aging process.
- Ensure that you get enough sleep, at least 8 hours of refreshing sleep. This can help improve your skin quality. Manage stress optimally. Yoga and meditation techniques can be helpful in management of stress and helps in revitalization of the skin.
- Drink at least three liters of water each day. Water helps in elimination of toxins from the body and keeps the skin well hydrated. Avoid going out in the sun, or use sunscreen when you are outdoors.
- Local application of raw honey on the skin is considered to be very useful in removing wrinkles. First wash your face with lukewarm water (don’t apply soap). Then apply a little honey on your face and leave it on for about half an hour. Gently rinse the honey with warm water and refresh the skin with ice cubes.
- Add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice into a spoon of olive oil and apply it on to the skin. Olive oil is loaded with Vitamins C and E which are rich in antioxidants, while honey acts as a natural bleach and improves the texture of the skin.