A tummy tuck is not only costly, it is also an invasive form of surgery. Not all people who notice an abdominal flab needs a tummy tuck. In fact, there are certain levels of abdominal fat that can be treated with non-invasive techniques. There are treatments and products that can be used to help trim that tummy without having to go under the knife and the results are quite satisfying as well.
Alternatives to Tummy Tuck
- Many patients are always looking for a way to avoid surgery at all costs and that includes looking for alternatives to a tummy tuck.
- There are many reasons that exist for looking for tummy tuck alternatives.
- Patients may not be qualified for a tummy tuck procedure or may be able to benefit from a non-invasive alternative.
- Patients are afraid to “go under the knife” and undergo surgery.
- Patients are afraid of downtime expected after surgery.
- Patients cannot afford surgery.
- Thus, finding an alternative that is less costly is the goal of many patients. Still, there are more costly procedures that offer lesser downtime, faster recovery, and more effective, permanent results.
Alternatives to Tummy Tuck Surgery
The following are non-invasive or minimally invasive alternatives to abdominoplasty:
- Lipodissolve – The patient is injected with mild medication to help dissolve the fat.
- Mesotherapy – A procedure that is somewhat like lipodissolve. The patient is injected with tiny doses of medication to help dissolve fat. Extremely small needles are used.
- Body thermage – Makes use of radio frequency energy to help tighten and lift skin.
- Titan – Makes use of infrared light to help tighten skin.
- Laser therapy – Uses low level therapy laser to help breakdown fats and tighten skin at the same time.
- Liposuction – Makes use of a small tube inserted into fatty areas to help suction out fats. May leave the patient with sagging skin.
- Compression garments – Helps achieve a slimmer and trimmer appearance.
Natural Alternatives to Tummy Tuck
Of course, it is also a good idea to look into the natural alternatives that can be done or used instead of undergoing a tummy tuck. Some of these options are:
- Diet – Changes in the diet such as decreased fat and decreased caloric intake.
- Exercise – A steady exercise regimen to help tone abdominal muscles.
- Natural supplements – There are available natural herbal supplements that help in dissolving fats, curbing appetite, and achieve a slimmer waist.