One of the most recent crash diets to join the weight loss band wagon is the hCG 500 Calorie Diet. Unlike other crash diets, the hCG diet involves a combination of hormones and a strict 500 calorie diet. Its name is derived from the hormone known as human chorionic gonadotropin, which is a substance found in both men and women.
hCG 500 Calorie Diet Recipes
Although the diet involves an extremely low calorie count, the quality of the food eaten daily need not be compromised. There are a few easy to do recipes that fall well below 500 calories.
- Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Salad. This salad contains only a measly 250 calories. The base of which is composed of mainly fresh spinach, and decorated with red peppers, mushrooms, and topped with cheeses. On top is a grilled chicken breast drizzled with chili lime vinaigrette sauce.
- Tortilla Chicken Melt. Containing 480 calories, it is made up of wheat tortilla, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, corn, red peppers and onions, and cheese. It is capped off with a cilantro ranch dressing and red salsa.
HCG 500 Calorie Diet Food List
Some examples of recommended foods include:
- Tea or coffee for breakfast. The drinks must not have any additives such as cream or sugar. However, 1 tablespoon of milk is allowed per day.
- Four types of foods for lunch. This may involve 100 grams of beef, chicken breast, lobster, white fish, crab, fatless veal, or shrimp. Aside from these foods, no other sources may be used.
- Vegetables. The only vegetables allowed include cucumbers, cabbage, asparagus, radish, spinach, chicory, green salad, tomatoes, celery, and chard.
- Fruits. People pursuing the diet may eat one apple, one orange, a few strawberries, or half a grapefruit per day.
- Toast. A slice of toast or a piece of bread stick can serve as the source of carbohydrate for the day.
hCG 500 Calorie Diet Plan
With this principle in mind, acceptable dosages of hCG are injected to persons who wish to pursue the diet. Combined with a 500 calorie diet limit, use of the hormone can effectively burn unwanted calories at a much faster rate. Although the general limit involves only 500 calories, not all foods may be included in the list. The food list is very limited and is strictly followed. Usually, only 1 full meal can fit in the plan per day, unless the person pursuing the diet can survive the day eating a few snacks.