Pomegranate fruit grows on a small shrub that grows to a height of about five to eight meters. This fruit is also called the “jewel of winter’ as it grows from September to December each year. Pomegranate is a fruit that is typically yellowish or deep red in color with the interior divided into compartments by soft and spongy tissues which are filled with red, pink or whitish pulp which is sweet in taste.
Pomegranate is a fruit that is rich in vitamins, minerals and a host of other nutrients, that offer a wide range of health benefits and is an important fruit which helps in weight loss. This article provides information about pomegranate juice and its benefit for weight loss.
Pomegranate Juice Benefits For Weight Loss
Pomegranate fruit is packed with a wide range of nutrients and vitamins, which are vital for a wide range of metabolic functions. Pomegranate plays a vital role in aiding weight loss,
- A medium sized fruit of pomegranate contains only about 100 calories of energy. Pomegranate is also loaded with dietary fiber. Hence one glass of pomegranate juice not only supplies very low amount of calories, but the dietary fiber also gives a sense of satiety, resulting in reduced appetite.
- Pomegranate juice has a higher percentage of carbohydrates compared to fats, which makes it a very important juice to aid weight loss. Carbohydrates are important to enhance the metabolism of the body, while low concentration of fatty sugars allows pomegranate juice to be a valuable fruit to aid weight loss.
- In addition, pomegranate juice is loaded with vitamin C, vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorous. All these nutrients are vital to ensure optimum metabolic functions and support weight loss.
Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Juice
It is apparent that the composition of pomegranate juice plays a vital role in aiding weight loss. However there are certain additional health benefits that are linked with the regular consumption of pomegranate juice, which in turn contribute towards helping maintain an optimum and ideal weight,
- Pomegranate helps improve blood flow. The fruit acts as a blood thinner and promotes blood flow, thereby reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and formation of plaques. Pomegranate juice also lowers cholesterol levels in the blood. Both these factors contribute to a higher basal metabolic rate, which in turn plays a vital role in aiding weight loss.
- Pomegranate is loaded with anti-oxidants, which help fight free radicals and help in natural detoxification of the body. Estimates suggest that pomegranate contains about three times the antioxidants found in green tea or red wine. As the body gets naturally detoxified, it becomes easier for the body to break down and metabolize fats, thereby aiding in weight loss.
One of the greatest advantages of pomegranate fruit juice is that it is delicious and sweet and yet is very low in calories and fats. Pomegranate fruit juice can also be consumed by people of all ages, as it not only improves cardiovascular health, but is also considered to contribute significantly to control blood pressure naturally.
Researchers also suggest that pomegranate fruit juice may also be crucial in controlling or at least slowing down the progression of dangerous disease conditions like breast and prostate cancer.