Water therapy is considered to be one of the most effective and inexpensive techniques of losing weight. This therapy regimen needs to be combined with regular exercising to have sustained and long term benefits. In addition, using water therapy technique for weight loss is also beneficial for improving the skin texture and overall skin health.
Water therapy also helps in treating age related wrinkles and fine lines, naturally reversing the signs of premature aging and also keeps the skin healthy and glowing. This article provides information about how to use water therapy to aid in weight loss and how the technique is beneficial.
The water therapy is based on a simple concept, which believes that dehydration can result in accumulation and storage of fat in the body. According to the concept of water therapy, an individual gains excessive weight when the body gets confused between the sensation of hunger and the sensation of thirst. As a result, the individual eats instead of drinking water.
As a result of excessive food intake, the body ends up using only 20% of the energy and the rest of the energy is stored in the form of fat, which in turn results in overweight and obesity.
On the other hand, water is a clean source of energy and any excess of water can be easily passed in the urine or through sweating.
How To Do Water Therapy For Weight Loss?
While the concept of water therapy doesn’t imply that you should starve yourself or remain hungry to lose weight. The concept only focuses on the benefits of drinking water regularly and how the technique can help in attaining healthy body weight. Here are a few tips of how to use water therapy for weight loss,
- Don’t gulp down your water. Drink water slowly, since consumption of water too quickly might lead to its loss by sweating.
- Drink about eight to sixteen ounces of water, throughout the day. Ensure that your water consumption is spaced out.
- Drink water at room temperature; avoid drinking too cold or too hot water.
- Drink water about half an hour prior to the meals, as it prepares the digestive system for a meal. Drink a glass of water about two hours after a meal, so as to complete the digestive process and correct natural dehydration caused due to breakdown of food.
- When you get up in the morning, drink a glass of lukewarm water.
Benefits Of Water Therapy For Weight Loss
Water therapy is considered very beneficial for weight loss. Here are some benefits of drinking adequate amount of water throughout the day,
- Drinking water helps flush out toxins, which may get collected in the body, as by-products of metabolic break down.
- Drinking water helps reduce acidity in the blood and helps restore pH balance.
- Drinking a glass of lukewarm water in the morning corrects any imbalance which may have been caused during sleep. Imbalance of electrolytes can lead to damage to liver and other essential organs.
- Drinking water also helps suppress a person’s appetite naturally.