Pregnancy induces a lot of changes in a woman’s body. Aside from her growing belly, the pregnant woman will also experience other changes, including blurred vision and swollen ankles.
Blurred vision is actually a common occurrence among pregnant women but is among the least discussed symptoms.
- Such a discomfort is caused by a lot of factors.
Sudden Blurred Vision during Pregnancy
Just because the blurred vision is common does not mean that it should be taken for granted. Sometimes, sudden blurred vision is caused by a sudden surge in high blood pressure, sudden dropping of blood sugar levels, and other life threatening conditions.
- It is important that medical attention be sought immediately to ensure that both the mother and the baby are safe.
What Does Blurred Vision during Pregnancy Mean
Blurred vision should not be taken for granted.
What Causes Blurred Vision during Pregnancy
- Blurred vision can be caused by any of the following:
- High blood pressure or other circulatory problems
- Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH)
- Sudden drop in blood sugar due to gestational diabetes
- Changes in hormone levels
- One thing is for sure: blurred vision will go away after the pregnancy as the hormones return to normal. Thus, it is best to put off changing contacts or glasses as the patient may not need those new ones after pregnancy.