When you are trying to get well from a bout with mono, you will need proper nutrition to help you get well fast and to help relieve you of the many symptoms you may have with this ailment. Here are some dietary tips you might do well to try:
- Fluids are important when you have flu-like ailments like mono, therefore taking in lots of water and healthy fluids like clear soups, vegetable juices, and fresh fruit juices is essential.
- Don’t overload your system with three big meals a day. Opt for six small meals to help your digestive system cope with the infection that is coursing through your body.
- Try to eliminate all unhealthy foods from your diet. Cut out your intake of foods that are heavy in sodium, saturated fat, and refined sugar. Also, try to avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea, and soft drinks. Alcohol should also be avoided.
- Food that helps boost a person’s immune system is a must, and this includes food rich in vitamin A, C, B complex, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Fresh foods are always better than processed foods when it comes to your body’s wellbeing.