A hair mask provides your hair as well as scalp with intense nourishment and care. It helps manage a host of hair conditions such as, hair fall, frizziness and dandruff. Hair masks also make the hair glossy and shiny.
The ingredients depend up on their purpose. Commercially available hair masks contain chemicals which can harm the hair.
Home Remedies For Shiny Hair
Hair care experts advocate taking care of the hair a on a daily basis. Neglect can take a very heavy toll. Stress, sun damage, pollution, poor sleep, dietary deficiencies and an erratic lifestyle affect the health of hair. These tend to make the hair unhealthy, dull and lifeless. The following natural ingredients are extremely beneficial to achieve luxuriant and shiny hair, easily:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
These ingredients when used in a hair mask provide wonderful results. They act naturally, gently, yet effectively. They are devoid of any harsh chemicals. They promote hair growth, fight hair fall and hair loss, check dandruff and make the hair strong and shiny.
Vitamins For Shiny Hair
- Vitamin A: promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp, thus, contributing to thicker, shiny hair.
- Vitamin B complex: promotes hair growth. B complex is responsible for regeneration of healthy hair. It also prevents premature graying.
- Vitamin C: is a powerful anti oxidant that keeps the scalp free damage from stress and pollution.
- Vitamin D: prevents hair loss and flakiness of the scalp.
- Vitamin E: increases blood circulation to the scalp and promises glossy hair.
Homemade Hair Masks To Get Shiny Hair Naturally
Olive Oil Hair Mask
- Mix 2 eggs with 5 spoons of olive oil. Whisk the mixture. Massage in to your scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave for half an hour. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Banana Hair Mask
- Mix 1 banana, 1 egg, 3 spoons of milk and 5 spoons of honey. Blend well. Apply to your hair and scalp and leave for half an hour. Wash off with a mild shampoo..
Mayonnaise Hair Mask
- Mayonnaise is an excellent hair mask. Mix ½ a cup of mayonnaise with 5 spoons of honey. Massage in to the scalp and also apply to the hair shaft.
Avocado Hair Mask
- Blend together the pulp of 1 avocado, with some honey. Blend the mixture well. Apply to the scalp and also comb through your hair. Wash off after 30 minutes.
Coconut Oil Hair Mask
- Warm half a cup of coconut oil; add half a lime to it, and mix well. Apply to your scalp and also the hair. Use your fingertips to gently massage the scalp. Keep for a couple of hours, then rinse.