People visit a dentist for many reasons; some have tooth decay, other go for regular checkups while many others consult their dentist for yellow teeth. Though yellow teeth may not cause any problem physically, people desire to have white teeth. It’s true, smiling with your pearly whites is much better than having a smile with yellow teeth.
Yellow Teeth In Adults
Yellow teeth can occur at any age, it can occur in adults, in teenagers and children too. Let us know the reason for the teeth to turn yellow.
Some children are born genetically with yellow teeth. It is difficult to convert these yellow teeth to white in such cases. Still if the treatment is started early in childhood with a dentist, chances of turning yellow teeth to white are bright.
Causes Of Yellow Teeth
- The most common reason for the teeth to turn yellow in adults is the habit of smoking and tobacco chewing. Tobacco is known to stain the enamel yellow.
- Medicines such as tetracycline, excess of fluoride in water can cause the teeth to turn yellow in adults.
- If the teeth are not brushed properly, food particles remained between the teeth may also discolor your teeth.
- Yellow teeth in adults also occur as they grow older. With aging the enamel gets worn out and it exposes dentin. Dentin is naturally yellow.
- Yellow teeth in teenagers are due to their faulty habits of eating and drinking. Smoking, drinking colas and improper dental hygiene can prematurely discolor their teeth and turn them to yellow.
Home Remedies For Yellow Teeth
You can either visit a dentist or try to change yellow teeth to white at home.
Some of the home remedies you can try are:
- Rub white portion of an orange peel on your teeth.
- Brushing teeth with baking soda.
- Rub pulp of strawberry over the teeth.
- Brush your teeth with salt.